Host Family Application Form
Hosting a Student
Campbell River Schools International is often looking for host families for our students. We have students who come to Campbell River for a variety of reasons and who are from Germany, China, Taiwan, Austria, Spain, Switzerland, Brazil, Japan and Mexico.
If you decide to become a host family you will see the world through new eyes and will rediscover the joys of Campbell River as you share them with a newcomer. You will have the opportunity to build a lasting relationship as many of our host parents have contact with their students for years afterwards. Meeting international students can also inspire our local students to travel, learn new languages and take an interest in global issues.
We need host families for commitments from as short as one week to as long as a school year. Our ideal families are as diverse as our international students themselves. An ideal family may or may not include children or teenagers, may or may not be an active retired couple, may or may not have two adults in the home. If you and your family have the time and would like to offer a student a warm, caring home, then we want to hear from you!
Most homestays are for the full school year, several are five months and short-term stays range from two weeks to two months. Host families are compensated on a monthly basis.
In addition to receiving training and support, host parents are compensated $775 per month and are expected to provide:
- a warm and welcoming home environment;
- parental supervision;
- a private bedroom with a desk or table to study;
- internet access; and
- three healthy meals per day, plus snacks.
How to Apply to Become a Host Family:
- Attend one of our Homestay Information Sessions, if possible. To find out when the next information session will be held, please call the homestay contractor, Rhonda Teramura at Adept Arrangements at (250) 923-9500 ext.2240.
- Complete the Host Family Application Form.
- Completed Host Family Application Forms should be emailed to Rhonda Teramura.
- All applicants are required to submit 3 photos (the house, the student's room, and family) with their application.
Please note: A criminal record check, as well as an ICBC Drivers Abstract for each adult who resides in the home will need to be completed upon notification from the Homestay Contractor.
Host Parent Agreement
K - 12 International Student Homestay Guidelines - Ministry of Education
Parent Connect Instructions
Student Travel Request Forms