How to Apply: Without an Agent
Dear Parents and students,
Thank you for applying to Campbell River Schools. Please use these steps to apply to our program. While we do accept students who apply directly to us, you should know that understanding all of the rules and regulations about entering and studying in Canada can be complicated. Please refer to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website first to see if you are eligible for a study permit. We strongly recommend using the services of a qualified education agent in your area especially if your English is not strong.
1. Before applying, you will need to have all of these documents:
- current passport of the student
- report cards from your last two years of school, translated into English
2. Click here for our Fillable Application Form.
3. Scan and email your passport, the completed application, your original and translated report cards to the Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the email address of the person who will be paying the application fee online with his/her credit card.
4. We will email you back with information about how to pay the application fee online.
5. The application fee must be paid online with a credit card before the application will be reviewed.
6. It takes about 6 business days to review your application. You will be informed if your application has been approved or declined via email.
7. If you are approved, the subject line will be "Invitation to Register with Campbell River Schools".
8. Within three weeks, we will send the invoice of fees to you via email. This email will include our banking information and deadlines. For your safety, it also includes our refund policy should you change your mind about attending.
9. When all fees are paid, we will courier you the official "Letter of Acceptance" (LOA) to your home address.
10. Once you have the LOA, you must apply for a study permit and an entry visa (if needed). Many students apply for their Canadian visa and study permit through the VAC (Visa Application Centre).
11. We will also send you the custodial documents. Natural parents must sign and notarize their form. The Custodianship Declaration signed by the Coordinator will be requested at immigration when you arrive at the Vancouver airport.
12. Scan and email back the Custodianship Declaration-parents, after it is notarized. We must receive these prior to student’s arrival.
13. Students and parents should write a letter describing the student’s: personality, hobbies, family life and expectations for our program. This helps us find a host family who is the best match. Email this to the coordinator.
14. As soon as appropriate, we will ask students to choose courses. Late applications may result in limited course selections.
15. In April, we will send orientation information for September arrivals; and in November for semester two arrivals. There will be activity permission forms, high risk waiver for parents to sign. Again, signed forms must be emailed back to us prior to a student’s arrival.
16. You need to book flights into and out of Campbell River airport. (YBL) by April (recommended) Note: Only Pacific Coastal and Central Mountain Air (CMA) fly into Campbell River. CMA is easiest for our students to use because it is located in the main terminal at Vancouver International airport. Students will need to collect their luggage in Vancouver and then check in for their connecting flight to Campbell River.
17. For September arrivals, host family information will be emailed in June. For semester two arrivals, host family information will be sent in mid-December.
2018-2019 Program Fees