Apply now through our Secure Online Application Portal
Before you apply, please make sure that you have all the required information for the application process. You have ten (10) days to submit an application once you create a new application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Seats in Campbell River International Student Program are limited. If you require a special course or are requesting a specific program please email International@sd72.bc.ca to confirm space.
Before you begin
Effective March 1, 2019, Campbell River Schools International will only accept complete applications using our secure online application system. Mailed, emailed, or faxed applications are no longer accepted.
Before you begin the online application process, please make sure you have collected all the necessary information and documents. You will need the applicant's complete information and at least one parent's complete information. This includes names, birthdates, addresses, etc. Required and recommended documents (see below) must be submitted as PDF or JPEG files only and less than 5MB each. If any document is larger than 5MB, it has been scanned at too high a resolution and must be rescanned at a lower reslolution before beginning the application process.
The 2019-2020 application fee is $250 CAD is nonrefundable. We will invoice once the application is submitted.
In order to submit an application, the documents listed below are required. If you do not upload these documents into the online application system, you cannot complete the application process. If you do not submit a complete application within ten (10)days the partial application will be automatically deleted.
- The parent(s) must sign the Campbell River Schools Consent and Waiver.
- Transcripts or report card. You must have a record of grades for the last two years, translated into English. They must be in PDF or JPEG files only, and less than 5MB in size. You will only be albe to upload one document, so please ensure all pages of the records of grades are scanned as a single document.
- Course Request Form. Secondary School students choose a minimum of four courses per semester; and a minimum of eight courses for a full year. The Campbell River Schools International Academic Advisor has the right to override the student's Course Request to choose courses if necessary. All courses are subject to availability; there is no guarantee that the student will receive the courses requested.
- Letter of Recommendation. Please have a teacher, school counselor, or Heamaster/Principal write a letter of recommendation for the applicant. This letter should be on school letterhead and identify the student and their strong points. If this letter is longer than one page, make sure you scan all pages as a single PDF document.
- Student's letter of Intent. This letter is written by the student explaining their desire to come to Canada to study in Campbell River School District. It should outline their interests and hobbies, the home life and their future goals. If this letter is longer than one page, make sure you scan all pages as a single document.
- Passport Photo page. Please scan the passport photo page of the applicant's passport.
- Immunizaton records. Please scan as a single document, all immunization records relevant to the student's medical history. If this letter is longer than one page, make sure you scan all pages as a single document.
- Record of grades (last 2 years and Must be in PDF or JPG format)
- Passport picture page (Must be in a PDF or JPG format)
- Letter of Reference (Must be in a PDF or JPG format)
- Student's Letter of Intent (Must be in a PDF or JPG format)
- Immunization Records (Must be in a PDF or JPG format)
- Course Request Form
- Campbell River Schools International Consent and Waivers
We recommend that you collect the following documents prior to applying. These documents assist us in making an admission decision and will be required if you are accepted. They must be submitted as single documents in PDF or JPG files only and less than 5MB each.
- Custodian document. If the applicant will not be part of our homestay program, or if they choose not to use our free custodianship service, they must assign a custodian. This custodian must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, over 25 years old, and must live full time in Campbell River, B.C
- Photo albums. Please compile a photo album (maximum 5 photos) for our homestay placement process. At a minimum, include a photo of yourself; your family; your house; and you enjoying one of your favourite hobbies. Please scan the entire album as one document.(Must be in PDF or JPG form)
- IELTS exam